Thursday, June 26, 2014

Writer's Update: Mark your calendars!


Dear friends, family and followers, It is June 26 and I am looking my self-imposed deadline for publishing my next book straight in the face: June 28, the one hundredth anniversary of the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand of Austria. But I am not ready. There is still more editing and research to be done, plus some editorial decisions to be made. This book is of crucial importance to me, so I want to get it right. I want the reader's experience to be entertaining and provoking, and hopefully educational. I also would like to have the CreateSpace paperback edition available at the same time as the Kindle edition, which will take a little bit of coordinating. As I have said in the past, writing is fun and wonderful, but editing is hell. So I have re-set the publication date to July 28, to coincide with the one hundredth anniversary of Austria declaring war on Serbia and launching "the Guns of August" that went on and on and on through four Augusts into the following November. Anyway, that is my goal now, so bear with me. On the published NOW front, I am happy to report that Ancient Paths will publish my poem, "The Nowhere," on its Facebook page within the next few months; and Leaves of Ink will put two of my poems on their front page: "Eight Years Gone" on July 25 and "Purpose" on August 3. A third poem, "The Grass," will appear in their anthology, date uncertain, and I have been invited to submit more to it. I am busy editing, submitting and writing all the time now, and very happy. Our granddaughter CharleeRose is already a week old, and our grandson Chase is coming in about a month to a month and a half, while big boy Xander is growing like a weed and learning the joys of silly rhymes and silly men. So mark your calendars: July 25 visit Leaves of Ink and find "Eight Years Gone." July 28, my new book, "Charles Sorley's Ghost: Poems and Reflections on Memorial Year 2014" will be out on Kindle and hopefully CreateSpace and Amazon. August 3 visit Leaves of Ink to view "Purpose." I also have submitted poems six so far, and will add to the list, on Poethunter.com. Feel free to visit all these places and let others know -- the only way to help online presses survive is with our support, and struggling artists such as moi need all the support and all the publicity we can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment