Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Top Ten Christmas Movies of All Time

I love doing top ten lists. In fact, I love doing lists. I have lists of lists. I have lists to tell me where my lists are. Here I present my top ten list of Christmas or Holiday flicks. Just for fun. It is abbreviated from my list submitted to Helium.com (feel free to check me out there, too! I'm shameless!!).

"Love Actually," a great ensemble, sweet and bittersweet, Bill Nighy and Alan Rickman and love in Wisconsin, who could ask for more?

"Die Hard," the ultimate Christmas gift for the testosterone crowd, plus Alan Rickman.

"It's A Wonderful Life," Way ta go, Clarence!

"The Bishop's Wife," with Monty Wooly's never empty bottle, just one of many miracles!

"Elf." "Baby, it's cold outside . . . "

"One Magic Christmas," sad, dark, ultimately redeeming -- a Christmas story for adults.

"A Christmas Story," with Ralphie, the turkey disaster, "Fragile! It Must Be Italian!" And: "You'll shoot yer eye out, kid -- ho ho ho!"

"The Holiday." Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz switch holidays. One finds love, the other Eli Wallach.

"101 Dalmatians," animated version. I know, but 99 talking puppies and Cruella de Vil -- who can blame me?

"Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer and the Island of Lost Toys." Okay, maybe my credibility is shot here, but I like this TV special.

Of course, I', still waiting for someone to make a movie out of Christopher Moore's THE STUPIDEST ANGEL, subtitled "A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror." Wouldn't you like to see that?

No comments:

Post a Comment