Saturday, April 10, 2010

apology of sorts

Dear friends, family and followers:

I guess I owe an apology to anyone I emailed the Charlie Rose article. Feedback shows that some of you are confused. Let me make this perfectly clear: I do not oppose taxes. In fact, I would willingly pay more taxes if one, I had confidence that the money would be used as earmarked and without superfluous waste; and two, if I had more say as to where my tax dollars went. Henry David Thoreau went to jail rather than pay a penny of tax to support the Mexican-American War. But he was a hippie radical commie loving pervert. Oh, wait, that was 1848.

Charlie Rose gives us food for thought, and I do think that we should consider ridding ourselves of an ineffectual Congress that seems more intent on petty bickering than actually getting anything done. And when they do get something done, the minority side goes ballistic. I mean, a year to get a watered down health care bill passed, and half of America is up in arms about that, with Sarah Palin yelling, "Reload! Reload!" Oh, please!

Ah, next time I will be either more fun or more serious. Depends on my mood. So, sorry everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment