Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Brief

Just a quick blog today, to keep my mind sharp and in the game, so to speak. I am working on something a little meatier for later in the week or on the weekend, that maybe won't be as fun as this.

And this is fun because I can proudly announce (oops, I split my infinitive) that I have been losing weight in a planned way. It's Diane's plan, as she has rejoined Weight Watchers. I just go along for the ride and draw benefits from her working the program. Actually, WE are working the program together, including even walking 2 miles a day (I hate to exercise, but the mailman duties don't require very much on the job walking anymore, so I have to do something). Diane can brag on herself on her Weight Watcher's Blog, but I have to say I am proud of her. For seven weeks now we have been relearning how to approach food. This is a change for life, not a diet or fad, and we seem to be mentally ready for it -- on the same page at the same moment. It feels great!

By the by, I'm down to a weight I haven't seen since I coached my littles in soccer back in the day. I do have toes! I suspected as much, but they were on the far side of the moon. I am half way to my goal and the best two things are, I'm not hungry like I was on past eating plans, and it turns out that I like fish after all!

One side note. Just saw "Up In The Air," the film about the man who travels the country firing people for bosses too chicken to do it themselves. A very poignant and sad little film, richly acted and presented. How many of you have seen it and listened carefully to the song in the opening credits? Very jazzy, very cool -- but did you recognize "This Land Is Your Land" by Woodie Guthrie? Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment