Friday, February 12, 2010

Fluff

Call me a fluff brain, but the one magazine I read religiously cover to cover and await anxiously every Friday, is "Entertainment Weekly." It is a passion, a guilty pleasure like salt and vinegar potato chips and pizza, which I consider brain food.

I actually read the articles. I love to find out what may or may not be happening on "Lost" or why the extra features on the "Up" DVD are worth it or when Christopher Moore's next book is about, or what Dexter is up to and when Season Four will come out on DVD, and who's getting sued or arrested or who died. Just the stuff for intellectual stimulation.

Of course, that other bastion of wisdom, "Star Trek" (the original series) said it best in the episode, "Shore Leave," written by Theodore Sturgeon, via the calming verbiage of the Caretaker: "The more sophisticated the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Sudoku, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment