Saturday, February 20, 2010

Really Good TV

ah, for fun.

I am lost in "Lost," delighted by the mysteries and anxiously awaiting their resolution. There are only fourteen hours left and "Lost" will be lost forever -- lost but not forgotten. To me it is opne of the best dramas ever put on commercial television, perhaps after "Doctor Who" and rivalling the best shows done on cable TV like "Six Feet Under" and "Dead Like Me." If you've never given it a chance, rent "Lost" from the beginning.

Of course, I like things that are just a bit off center.

As to my all time favorite TV show, although my opiniuon can be changed, I am going to say today that it is "Dexter" on Showtime. This one is a truly bizarre treat, focusing on a serial killer who controls his tendencies by killing serial killers. I have not yet seen Season 4 (I don;t subscribe to Showtime so I have to wait for the DVDs, but I like watching TV on DVD because it lets you appreciate the entire story arc at once), but for me Season Two is one of the most remarkable accomplishments ever broadcast. Erotic and edgy, with a plethora of complex characters and incredible outcomes, it was tight and taut and oh so sexy. Yet disturbing as all hell.

Rent Season One for back story and a truly great season before you rent Season Two, but wait until you meet Lila!

No comments:

Post a Comment