Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Futility of Peace: A Brief But Serious Note


I apologize in advance for returning to the world of politics. I cannot seem to help myself – I guess that comes from being what one calls “involved.” I say that yet always remind myself that no one is listening, at least not outside the small choir to which I belong. That does not mean I should be quiet; on the contrary, I need to yell louder in order to be heard. And if I reach one person and only one, I will have done my job. The fact is, I feel great frustration, not with anyone or anything specific but in general. I have come to a disturbing realization. My entire life has been spent trying to find new ways to express the futility of war with language that actually reaches you. Over and over again, the words tumble out, like a crazy man locked in his own Ground Hog Day. But now I realize I am really screaming about the futility of peace. and, crazy or not, heard or not, it’s my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment