Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Surviving a Broken Heart


This will be a brief blog. I have been off the grid for a week now, and must restrict my activity for a short while longer. A more detailed account will follow, in time. But for all of you who do not yet know, as well as for those who do, I want to tell you that I am doing well and feeling very lucky. In a sense, I have won the lottery for the second time in my life (the first time being when I drew #365 in the Draft Lottery of 1969). At one p.m. on Friday, February 6, I was (figuratively) hit by a freight train – but many people came to save my life and help me stand up again. Within 24 hours a stent was in place and within 48 I was back home again, feeling better than I have in a very long time. I had a heart attack, and it saved my life, and that’s the bottom line. In a few days I will resume my blogging in earnest. There is much to talk about, from ISIS to education to the stark reality that you can’t always know beforehand when the freight train will strike even when you carefully watch the tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment