Tuesday, April 15, 2014


My goal for 2014 was to publish one book a month from all my collected materials. Conventional wisdom states that publishing too much too quickly is not a good idea, but I sort of figured that the more I had out there, the better chance I had that someone would notice. After all, it seems that no one – or very few people besides my family and friends – actually have noticed, and I have been doing this for fifty years. Admittedly, I have not been doing it with the kind of energy I am employing now, so now should be my time. Therefore, my strategy comes into play. But it took me three months to get organized and get the first volume out. Yesterday Kindle posted my next two volumes as available. With these two, Banned in Boston and Poems, Prayers, Promises and Procrastinations, I achieve my goal, for now, with four volumes in the first four months of Memorial 2014. Part of the problem, and the excitement, has been my distraction with a new project, working title, Charles Sorley’s Ghost. I hope to have that one ready and out by the end of May. Hard copies of my poetry volumes may be coming down the line, but hard copies cost money to produce and money is always in short supply. Add to that the fact that my antiquated laptop is begging for a fiery funeral and modernized replacement. The great limiters are time and money. At last I seem to have plenty of the former; I’m working on the latter but Life keeps getting in the way. If I sound like I’m whining, I didn’t mean to – I am having fun. If I publish, they will read – I hope. What I have always wanted to do most in life is write, and I do, every day. It’s not all gold, but silver’s pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment