Monday, July 9, 2012

Somebody has to

I present you with another list, but before I do I want t comment on a very warm, very family friendly weekend. Richard, Caiti, Jackson and Franklin came to send the weekend at our house during their cross the west camper excursion, and we all had a fantastic time. Di and I had never actually met Franklin before, and Xander had never met any of these four amazing people. Jackson and Xander bonded immediately and were almost inseparable; even when fatigue brought the inevitable melt-down and the little bits of friction that come with it every time they recoevered quickly and were ready to tackle the next game or assignment -- as far as gathering stickjs on Uncle Nik's yard and CAREFULLY tossing them on the big bonfire last night, The boys all went fishing yesterday bat Lake Mary Ronan, and though Opa has never been much of a fisher of fish -- wink wink, nudge nudge -- I enjoyed weatching the big bnys do catch and release while the little boys were much more interested in the bait.

Therefore no blogs since Friday, and a tired afternoon for me today. But I did come up with a list of thoughts to share, sortof a Gallagher-type concoction of things that SOMEBODY ought to be thinking about, and I of course elect me.

Here goes:

1. Why do we go to mall the trouble of making a nice mixed green salad if all we're going to do is toss it?
2. As my friend Darryl once pointed out, there is no such thing as a hot water heater.
3.If Left is liberal and Right is conservative, is it the other way around in England?
4. Why do people say "How are you?" if they don't really want to know?
5. So, who WAS buried in Grant's tomb, anyway?
6. As Axl Rose pointed out, the biggest oxymoron in history is "civil war."
7. How many lightbulbs does it take to change a psychiatrist?
8. Why is sex dirty? Seems like the most natural thing in the world . . .
9. At my age you no longer dream about sex. You have nightmares about getting a prescription refilled but you can't understand the pharmacist. Maybe it's the sasme thing?
10. You also have a better chance of remembering your dreams at my age because you have to get up several times to go to the bathroom.

Finally, it seems that fame keeps eluding me. Maybe that's a good thing,but I'd like to prove I can handle it. I've got this unknown stuff down pretty good; time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment